Most manufacturers of heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment require seasonal tune-ups to keep warranties valid. Preventive maintenance is just like tuning up a car. Each element of the system is examined, cleaned and calibrated to enhance performance and minimize the need for repairs. Metro Air Conditioning, Heating & Services offers annual maintenance plans that take the worry out of running your air conditioner or heat pump during the hot Plano, Texas summers. When you call us for maintenance, here is what we do and why.
Elements of Preventive Maintenance
It is best to schedule a tune-up in the spring before turning on the air conditioner for the first time. As a Trane Comfort Specialist, we follow industry best business practices and Trane’s recommendations for air conditioner and heat pump maintenance. In addition to Trane products, we service all brands and models of HVAC equipment.
Our technicians will inspect each component of the unit, including:
- Check refrigerant levels
- Calibrate thermostat
- Clean and disinfect drain pans and condensate lines
- Clean condenser and evaporator coils
- Check electrical connections, switches, voltage and amperage
- Clean or change air filter
- Clean air handler
- Check airflow
- Lubricate motors and other moving parts
- Check belts
- Check ducts for leaks and poor joins
Benefits of Preventive Maintenance
Keeping your HVAC system in good working order has several benefits. You save money with lower utility bills, have fewer repairs and extend the life of the system. In addition, air conditioner and heat pump maintenance enhances performance, making it easier to keep your indoor environment cool and comfortable.
- Simply keeping the air filter clean can reduce energy usage by up to 15 percent.
- Leaking ducts lose up to 30 percent of the conditioned air flowing through them. Sealing ducts can save hundreds of dollars a year in heating and cooling costs.
- Problems identified during a maintenance checkup can be taken care of immediately, keeping small repairs from turning into big ones.
For more information about our maintenance plans or to schedule a checkup, call (214) 390-3740. We are licensed, insured and bonded. We offer 24-hour emergency services and a 100-percent satisfaction guarantee on our work.