“Out of sight, out of mind.” The familiar phrase sums up how most people feel about ductwork. It’s all too easy to ignore the air ducts you rely on to circulate air through your Dallas, TX home. When it comes to your health and comfort, however, air ducts play a critical role. A well-designed and properly maintained duct system saves you money too. Learn why it’s so important to ensure your duct system operates safely and efficiently.
How Does Your Duct System Work?
The maze of ducts that winds through your home is made up of supply and return channels. Supply ducts deliver heated or cooled air; return ducts draw stale air into the system for re-conditioning. For the system to work effectively, the two channels must maintain the proper air-pressure balance. Leaky or dirty ducts can upset the balance, driving conditioned air out of your home or pulling outdoor air inside. Signs that indicate poor performance include:
- Rooms that are difficult to heat or cool
- Persistently stuffy or clammy indoor air
- An upsurge in cold and flu symptoms
- Dust coming out of your air vents
- Frequent repairs for your HVAC equipment
- High summer and winter utility bills
Professional Duct Services
To enjoy the full benefits of your central air system, partner with a contractor skilled in all aspects of air distribution. Choose a company that’s equipped to design, build, install, repair and clean ductwork. At Metro Air Conditioning, we offer a complete array of services for fiberglass, sheet metal, and flex ducts.
- Our duct sealing services can reduce heating and cooling costs by as much as 20 percent.
- We can repair and modify your duct system to maximize your comfort and minimize your energy expenses.
- Our duct cleaning services help keep your home a cleaner, safer and healthier place to inhabit.
Our licensed HVAC professionals have the expertise and experience it takes to keep your ducts operating at peak performance. For more information, explore our duct services or call Metro Air Conditioning in Dallas today at 214-390-3740.